Arrow trailer lights

Greebo

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all,
I have a US import trailer branded "Arrow" that was fitted to a Wellcraft Excell 18SX (1993).
It has oval shaped lights tail/brake that fit into inserts in the trailer rear rail. These appear to be sealed.
Can I get into them? (I have a blown light) for repairs, or must the whole light be replaced?
If I need to replace the lights, can anyone advise where they can be obtained from? (I'm in Australia so will need to be able to contact the seller on Internet).
Any advice at all is appreciated.
I also have a post re prop on this boat, if you have missed it but can supply any information please check it out.
Hope you all have a merry, but safe, Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
Greebo

Greebo

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Arrow trailer lights

As always, this site gives the goods.
Thanks very much - I was unable to find this site myself.
Merry Christmas.
Greebo

Greebo

Seaman Apprentice

Spot on - these are the lights.
Thanks
Greebo

MRS

Commander

Greebo, I am redoing my trailer now and will replace the same type of lights. I did remove them so I could put new lites in but can't figure how to get new one's in with out breaking them? How did you do your's......

woosterken

Lieutenant

mrs,

just make sure the rubber groumet they ride in is seated tight in the hole,then take a little liquid dish soap,put it on the rubber and the light,they will slip together,then rinse the soap off and the light should be tight!!

to remove the light,reverse the process above,
I used these lights on my semi for years,and this is the way to do it with out damage.

hope this helps

woosterken

MRS

Commander

woos, Thanks thats sounds good will do this weekend when putting trailer back together Thanks again.....:)

Greebo

Seaman Apprentice

That's the same method I used as well except I used trusty WD40 for the lube. I'm really impressed by these lights (well, actually I'm really impressed by the whole trailer). Excellent quality.
Greebo

MRS

Commander

That's the same method I used as well except I used trusty WD40 for the lube. I'm really impressed by these lights (well, actually I'm really impressed by the whole trailer). Excellent quality.
Greebo

Hey, Thanks guys I am putting trailer together now hopefully be finnished today fishing next weekend.....:)

MRS

Commander

Thanks guys went right in like you said sorry the photo is so dark but worked on it all day. But all I need to do now is paint fenders and bolt them on.
Trailer02.jpg

woosterken

Lieutenant

I love it when a plan comes together :)

you going to paint the fenders the same color?
that be a lot of blue

woosterken

MRS

Commander

I love it when a plan comes together :)

you going to paint the fenders the same color?
that be a lot of blue

woosterken

That's what the wife said, the boat is blue and grey so I am going to paint them gray should look good I hope.....

woosterken

Lieutenant

how much trouble would it be to but the boat back on there to check the look? and then maybe just use gray primer on the fenders,then if you dont like it ,you dont waste time with paint.

woosterken

MRS

Commander

What colour do you think would look good I was thinking gray or maybe black? I am going to put boat back on trailer before mounting fenders I can remove and mount fenders with boat on. I was also thinking of get new aluminum diamond plated fenders but not sure what will look better.

woosterken

Lieutenant

ok, when i painted my trailer white and the fenders , it was way to much white!!!
i tryed a blue pin stripe the same color as the boat. :(
so i went with diamond plate and like it way more!

oldfenders-1.jpg

IM000058.jpg

ok :) so i painted the letters on the tires white! we have LOOONG winters in ohio !

woosterken

MRS

Commander

Hey the aluminum fenders look good I might have to go that why also.:)

woosterken

Lieutenant

one more suggestion for you, get some of that dialectric grease or plain ole vaseoline and slop it on the plug after you plug in you new lites.
keeps water from getting on the little fingers on the inside of the plug

woosterken

MRS

Commander

Good idea will do Thanks.....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Hey the aluminum fenders look good I might have to go that why also.:)

I think those diamond plate fenders would look awesome on your already great looking trailer. Nice work.