Marine CD/DVD player and speakers

sprintst

Commander
I don't have a big monster boat but I'll be needing something decent in there to pass the time and escape from life :)

Not sure what you guys think of my recent and possible future purchases. I was wondering what is a decent dvd player other than what I'm posting for a fishing/skiing boat.

I bought some Polk Audio Db691 and DB651 speakers for the boat They were more than 50% off and passed all the marine certification tests. I'll post some pics on them later.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/pr...691/?reviews=1

Kind of overboard for a fishing boat but they were an awesome deal. I'll probably also do a cd/dvd player for the boat as well since I'm on the overboard theme. Not sure if anyone else has heard of any other brands as this one I'm looking at at is the Jensen DV2007 marine cd/dvd player.

http://www.jensenmarinedirect.com/i...34&PHPSESSID=07893e5effe65d1cd4c16a81a9a3696c

BeaufortTJustice

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Marine CD/DVD player and speakers

Jensen is ok, not great, but not garbage. I don't know what your budget is, but you can pick up a Clarion or Sony Marine stereo for around $100. I just got the Sony cd combo (comes w/ two speakers) for $150 and the wired waterproof remote for add'l $50 (half-price). The remote is 2" in diameter and fit perfect in pre-existing hole in dash.

Some brands to look at for cd players:

Clarion, Sony, Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer

sprintst

Commander

I've decided to use my chipped xbox to play the dvd's in the boat with the power coming from an inverter I have that plugs into the lighter. I have a small 9 inch lcd from the truck that I can use.

I'll end up picking up a better deck with ipod controls and Sirius sattelite, etc. When you add the dvd into the player you end up with more that can go wrong and it drives the price up.

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

I moved into using my iPod on the boat...got tired of the CD skipping when cruising.

Most of the newest CD units allow you to plug an iPod in, and this allows you to leave the CD collection of discs back at the Ponderosa. The better units let you dock the iPod to eliminate the short cord.

Happy boating...and Merry Christmas!

sprintst

Commander

That's the plan with the ipod over here as we gave the boys ipod touch's.

Looks like I'll inherit the old ipod nano's for the boat :)

Merry Christmas guys... Have a beer for me...