NE Weekend Blizzard

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer
Are the NE guys ready for this one? I can't wait, I'm ready for anything.
I just looked again, and it seems that a swath from Boston, across LI, Jersey and deep into PA is gonna get 6-13+ , at a rate of about 2" / hr.

I am helping the kids get the sleds ready now, sooo..... Good Luck Guys!

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: NE Weekend Blizzard

It's our first Nor'Easter of the season here on Cape Ann expecting 10" here. The ocean will be roaring, 20' waves crashing along our rocky shore throwing rocks onto the road that we call "the back shore." I'm getting excited just writing about it and it won't hit here till seven this evening. Just finished buying rock salt and calcium, starting to tune up the snowblower. Let the storm begin.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

My boat's in her slip in Northern Maryland. She's all winterized but I haven't gotten the winter cover on her yet.
Sure hope the bridge and cockpit covers are strong.... they've never been tested with any more than a couple inches of the white stuff.

Here's a shot from last year.

HdgsnowFeb2007003.jpg

angus63

Captain

Latest forecast for Eastern Long Island is 12-18" overnite with 30kt winds gusting to 50kt. Food shopping is done! Three netflix movies ready! NFL tomorrow should be fun! Not going anywhere for a while....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

At least 6-8" here right now with plenty more coming. NOT looking forward to shoveling it.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

You guys are not the only ones going to get hit 6-8 inches in interier of BC:)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

we will have our first freeze, Monday morning.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

NFL tomorrow should be fun!
Yeah I agree.
My daughter and her BF have tickets to the Eagles/49ers game in Philly.
Too early to tell if they'll go because it's snowing so hard!!!
Just heard the game is delayed until 4:15 tomorrow, so if the snow ends early they might be OK.

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

As I read the post I am grateful for 45 degrees and a 20mph North wind. I believe I can deal with tonados a lot better than snow. Hope u guys weather this storm safely. Got a Bro in Va. Carport Collasped from snow this morning.

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer

Allow me to ask a silly question. As Fly Rod and others have noted, we are getting a Nor'easter. I looked at my local news wind forecast, and sure enough winds are out of the NE.

I am NOT a meteorologist, but I also like to look at the radar pages. I see this storm headed, basically NE. As some of our PA and VA etc, members have noted, they already have snow falling heavy. The radar seems to show this storm coming from the PA direction, thru NJ & LI and up into New England.

How do we get a Nor'easter (wind out of the NE) yet the storm headed NE?

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

it just started snowing here in Stamford, CT...

I can't wait till High tide tomorrow!! Here's what todays high tide looked like..

IMGP1412.JPG

IMGP1408.JPG

IMGP1427.JPG

angus63

Captain

Allow me to ask a silly question. As Fly Rod and others have noted, we are getting a Nor'easter. I looked at my local news wind forecast, and sure enough winds are out of the NE.

I am NOT a meteorologist, but I also like to look at the radar pages. I see this storm headed, basically NE. As some of our PA and VA etc, members have noted, they already have snow falling heavy. The radar seems to show this storm coming from the PA direction, thru NJ & LI and up into New England.

How do we get a Nor'easter (wind out of the NE) yet the storm headed NE?

Center of the low is off the coast of Virginia. Counter-clockwise rotation results in Northeast winds for New England. After the eye passes North of Long Island the winds shift to NW then W before it ends. Nature's way of saying "stay home"!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Can't believe how lucky we have been so far here in south west Ontario. Light sprinkling so far. I am sure our turn will come !!!!:eek:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yeah I agree.
My daughter and her BF have tickets to the Eagles/49ers game in Philly.
Too early to tell if they'll go because it's snowing so hard!!!
Just heard the game is delayed until 4:15 tomorrow, so if the snow ends early they might be OK.

what? they're gonna let snow stop them?

I don't get it.

They still have 20 hours to get there.

Pack up the vehicle and head out. Living out of a vehicle for a day or two, eating at truck stops, Dennys, and Perkins, its called together time with a common interest.

Never thought I'd say this but... Go Niners!

Thajeffski

So we're about an hour or 1.5 hours in..

IMGP1443.JPG

IMGP1444.JPG

IMGP1445.JPG

IMGP1447.JPG

IMGP1452.JPG

gonefishie

Commander

Wow, not trying to hijack the thread but I gotta ask. How much does a waterfront property in Stamford worth nowaday?

Thajeffski

lol, you'd have to ask the owner :) I just watch the place

pduquette

Ensign

I'm in the middle of the big " Bulls eye " - 15+" . and it's just starting ! Double checked the tent on my boat this afternoon . All battened down. Almost time to begin a long L.I. Roundup thread eh ? :D:cool: peter

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Finally tapering off here in southern PA.