A sad day indeed........

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade
As i get older..i find i'm not as tolerant of the cold as i used to be, hell, i'm not even that old (40's) i just dont enjoy winter fishing like in the old day's..that being said....for the first time EVER..I took the boat out of the drink..for a 3 month sabbatical...sad day.
CIMG1151.JPG

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: A sad day indeed........

wow I'm surprised a suburban can tow something that big!

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

The Suburban is a great tow vehicle.

Great looking rig there marine 4003!;)

Yea,as we get older more things start to bother the old body..
The cold gets to me worse every year too...I know what you mean..:rolleyes:

ziggy

Admiral

hell, i'm not even that old (40's)
that makes me feel better.

i been bummin over the cold since around 45 and it isn't getting any better now that i'm 49 and soon to be 50...

least it makes me feel it's normal that i'm always cold and not something wrong with me..

bummer ya had to pull it.

agreed, it sure is a snazzy looking rig. truck and boat..

nlain

Commander

Yeah, you and Gary can get together and convoy down. :D

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lower the motors so the lower units will drain. nice rig. now that it is on the trailer. you can join us at the Florida get together in April. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=354746

As the pic was taken i was attempting to turn her around to back her into storage,then comes the fun part of winterizing.i always lower units when storing, April sounds great..warm weather..AAAHHHHHH.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

that makes me feel better.

i been bummin over the cold since around 45 and it isn't getting any better now that i'm 49 and soon to be 50...

least it makes me feel it's normal that i'm always cold and not something wrong with me..

+1

I'm 56 and it gets worse every year. After the firat couple of days of temps in the 30's, I felt like, okay, Winter has made its point- I know it exists. Let's move on to Spring, already.

We're in a blizzard today and overnight. Predicted snowfall 12-18 inches.

My wife is just gonna have to support us. I decided today that I'm not going outside again until April :)

gss036

Commander

Well, wait to get to 66 and see what happens. I haven't been out yet, since salmon opened in December, just too darn cold and windy and fishing is slow. If we get to where the temps stay above 45 degrees for the day, I might venture out.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yea, sure is a bummer. Only made it up to 70 today, last SUN. was 84. Bit cool on my toes going barefoot. Had to stay in port. FRED

mrcool

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea, sure is a bummer. Only made it up to 70 today, last SUN. was 84. Bit cool on my toes going barefoot. Had to stay in port. FRED

Your a funny guy Fred, real funny.. hope your doing well, haven't seen you since Harpoon Harry's.. We were just down to Bert's bar over Thanksgiving.

SuperNova

Lieutenant

wow I'm surprised a suburban can tow something that big!
I tow bigger than that with a Suburban. '01 2500 8.1L(496) It is a great tow vehicle for larger rigs. Why would it surprise you? I've also hauled 2 tons of wood pellets in it. That's right IN it.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Never have liked being out in the cold no matter how warmly dressed.:mad:
I personally like Jamaican winters !!!:D

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I tow bigger than that with a Suburban. '01 2500 8.1L(496) It is a great tow vehicle for larger rigs. Why would it surprise you? I've also hauled 2 tons of wood pellets in it. That's right IN it.

Its not a suburban...so to speak, its a Yukon Denali,which is almost the same thing,but for towing purposes, mine has a rear air system that uses a compressor to raise the rear to even load. also 8 lug not 5, the 6.0 also has oversized radiator and heavy duty tranny cooler, some slight mods i did include a power chip-max flo ram air- all riding on 7 ply tires,its a monster , but damed coffortable.also have towed my Bobcat skidsteer w/steel treads with a triple axle Hardee trailer along with 2 extra buckets/blades about 11K total....no problem. i figure the boat weighs 10K total..give or take. pulls as well as my Ford F250 7.3 ...

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

I'm with you.
At least you can still take yours out,,,,I would love to go out.

Attachments

• ugh.jpg
    ugh.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I man=

Whats that white stuff in your yard...and what do you call that device your pushing....

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

ahaaaaaa
yup the lovely snow and snow blower,,,,,things ain't so bad now,,,are they.
:D

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Its not a suburban...so to speak, its a Yukon Denali,which is almost the same thing,but for towing purposes, mine has a rear air system that uses a compressor to raise the rear to even load. also 8 lug not 5, the 6.0 also has oversized radiator and heavy duty tranny cooler, some slight mods i did include a power chip-max flo ram air- all riding on 7 ply tires,its a monster , but damed coffortable.also have towed my Bobcat skidsteer w/steel treads with a triple axle Hardee trailer along with 2 extra buckets/blades about 11K total....no problem. i figure the boat weighs 10K total..give or take. pulls as well as my Ford F250 7.3 ...
It's close enough...it's just the GMC version of a suburban. Mines the same as yours. 8-lug, load compensating suspension, 4l80E trans, etc. Except mine has the 8.1 instead of the 6.0 and I use 10 ply tires load range "E" like it calls for on the door sticker. The 8.1 pulls a little better, go figure. Like I said before they are both great tow vehicles and shouldn't be underestimated. I think because they don't get the "2500" badging, people don't realize they are as capable as they are.

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's close enough...it's just the GMC version of a suburban. Mines the same as yours. 8-lug, load compensating suspension, 4l80E trans, etc. Except mine has the 8.1 instead of the 6.0 and I use 10 ply tires load range "E" like it calls for on the door sticker. The 8.1 pulls a little better, go figure. Like I said before they are both great tow vehicles and shouldn't be underestimated. I think because they don't get the "2500" badging, people don't realize they are as capable as they are.

Tough trucks for sure...i defiantly "work" my trucks,and the Yukon has never let me down.