Possible new project. 1978 Cobalt

bear_69cuda

Commander
So I go nut not having a project....

So what do you think about this boat? Interior looks new! I would remove all of the carpet, glass/restore deck, restore wood if needed. Maybe tweak the V8, paint the hull... I don't like the color at all... Most likely electrical work, stereo.. I'd like to see if I would be able to add some sore of place to sleep in the cuddy but cannot tell from the pics. Looks like a very heavy deeeeep v hull... I kinda am diggin it! The wife is gonna poop if she has to park outside again this winter! :eek:

http://www.boatangel.org/photos/JY53593-1978-Cobalt-19ft-&Trailer-photos-Verona-WI/

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Possible new project. 1978 Cobalt

That thing is gorgeous!

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That is a stunning boat. What an amazing craft with such character!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Cobalts are absolutely in the upper range of boats. They never did and cheap construction and well worth restoration.

Given the age of that boat .... it looks to be in very good shape and no real evidence of abuse or poor storage.

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I will say that your xterra might not be all that happy about pulling that large of a boat, but it should be within your range you just wont be going anywhere in a hurry.

bear_69cuda

Commander

I plan on getting a older used tow pig this spring. My Hurricane is 4200 wet, and the Xterra could use a V8 for sure... I bet this Cobalt is about the same weight.... Sure is a beautiful boat...