MY TURN for? 1996 225,idle prob

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander
Hey guys,my boat sat up for a while.took for a run and when returning to the dock it idled high,I thought the cable but shut down then restarted and idled o.Any ides.AND,my TNT unit has been acting up since i got the eng 2 yrs ago.if I let it sit,it will act as though it has no oil.Its not that.What clears it up is opening the manuel release ,once its let down,t will run OK all day.Next dy same thing.I use auto trans fluid.Do these newer style units (since the older xflow type)nee a different fluid?

Miami winning over Jacksonville Tash

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: MY TURN for? 1996 225,idle prob

mike, raise and lock the tilt, fill reservoir, let down run back up, fill again, until it will not take fluid. that usually fixes that. after sitting up something may have stuck, then released. if it keeps doing it, check link n sinc.

i have given up on the Jags. offered free seats in the boxes, turned them down. they want the stands full, then drop their prices, and concession prices.

Jacksonville, is not a rich town, it is a military town with military wages. they big money is in the support sector for the military.

reeldutch

Lieutenant
Re: MY TURN for? 1996 225,idle prob

i agree with TD,

check all linkages make sure they come back to the idle stop screw.
may be cable trunion nut needs to be adjusted?
make it tight.