Aluminum V Trailer Roller Question

cclaeys

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 14' V Aluminum boat, it has a ridge on the bottom that is about 1.5" long (its a Valco). My dilemna is the current trailer has these wide flat rollers that seem to do nothing to help center or support the boat, expecially when towing - I would think that pressure should be displaced to the bottom rather than that ridge line. Any ideas what I should be looking for in a roller?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Aluminum V Trailer Roller Question

Consider adding rollers or bunks to the trailer where the support is needed. There are allot of ways to custom fit a trailer to a specific boat.<br /><br />Bob

cclaeys

Seaman Apprentice

It has 2 bunks toward the rear which work great, the problem is the rollers - hopefully someone has a similar boat/shape and can provide some insight into what works best for them.

snowshoe

Seaman

The rollers may be used for supporting the boat as it is loaded onto the trailer. Once on the trailer the rear bunks then support the trailer. The keel on my 17' alum rubs on the hard plastic skid pad on the front X-member but doesn't touch it when the boat is fully loaded on the trailer. I have installed a 12" roller 1/2" above the skid pad to carry the weight when loading rather than stressing the skid pad (it pulled the skid pad off one time) ;)