Bobs Outboard Exhaust Housing ??

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bobs Outboard Exhaust Housing ??

Yep and Yep. Worthless on a heavy boat and you just think its faster due to the noise. Will only add about 2-3 hp to top end and may hurt hole shot if boat is heavy due to prop not able to slip.

fastaction

Cadet

My boat is about 1000 pounds and runs in the mid 90's I just put a cle lower on it But Just want it louder ... But you can just drill in the mid... Because there's to parts to the exhaust housing .. So do you drill there both ?

Dukedog

Captain

Sounds like you have already removed tha can I think? Ta use tha Bob's ya hafta drill tha vertical part of tha mid. If you go ta drillin' holes in tha vertical part of the downhousing ya risk weakening tha thing especially if your surfacing gearcases and props. That puts a very big torque load on tha downhousing (more so on tha bottom). Has a possibility of crackin or breakin'. Not sayin' it will or won't but its something ta consider. Seen some break and some that haven't. You could just drill tha 10 holes on tha horizontal surface at tha base like tha Merc High Perf. Bass mid. It sounds off pretty good :) Plus tha "cops" can't say its not "production exhaust". They get uppitty 'round here sometimes :mad:........................

Sounds like ya got an 18' Action. If you haven't already ya might consider a blow-out ring on tha cle if its stock............

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Agree with Duke, drill it like the old Mod-Vp, that how mine is on my Bullet...I drilled mine when I pulled the exhaust can. I am looking for a Allison XB now to go with latest buy..

Attachments

• 1124091612.jpg
    1124091612.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1124091611.jpg
    1124091611.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0

fastaction

Cadet

I didnt do anything to it yet ..I put a alein cowl And a CLE last year And I just cant find a offshore mid with a trim pump built in to the mid .so I was thinking about doing the exhaust housing
It a 17 action marine .. you where close

Dukedog

Captain

With tha can still in it it wouldn't do any good ta do either. You don't need tha whole offshore clamp and mid (downhousing). You can use just tha downhousing with your clamp and trim. You will hafta drill your tiller out to use 1/2" bolts/studs from tiller ta mid if you use tha one piece adapter. You won't even hafta do that if you use your adapter plates....................