New Owner - Older Carver

eselgar

Cadet
We just purchased a 1975 33' Carver Monterey. Love the classic look, but can't find very much at all on the internet on this model and vintage compared to some of the other earlier Carver models. The nearest I can find is the 1976 sales brochure on Carver's site. Anybody have information on the mid-70's Monterey?

Attachments

• Port Bow.jpg
    Port Bow.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 0

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New Owner - Older Carver

First, WELCOME to iboats eselgar.
That's one sharp looking classic!
Can't help with your model but have you tried the Carver Owners Club?
I'd think that would be your best shot of finding more info.
Also, BoaterEd has a Carver-specific section, maybe try there....

eselgar

Cadet

Thanks arks. I tried BoatersEd, but I really can't register to post. It won't accept my gmail address so I tried to register with an aol address, but it never worked and I can't find the contact us link. I'm pretty tech savy but I just gave up. Not used to feeling helpless on these things but I can't make it work. I think the Carver Owners forum is not free. Do you think it's worth the fee?

arks

Lieutenant Commander

To be honest, I've heard the Carver Club is not very active. I thought maybe they had a free trail period like the Silverton Club.

My slip neighbor has a '77 Carver 33 but it looks a LOT different than yours- and it's in terrible shape.
This is what it looks like (but in much worse condition):
4ae6109845885c40d1014a133.jpg

eselgar

Cadet

I think my Monterey design was a hold over from a few years earlier when they were building wooden hulls. It's been boathouse kept and is in really nice shape. The previous owner did a lot of work on it. I wonder how many more are out there.