First trip for my woody.

11 footer

Lieutenant
I've owned a 11ft Boston Whaler for the last two years. I really like whalers and my next boat will be a whaler.<br /><br />But a few mounths ago I got a 13ft wooden boat, I got it great deal on it. It had no trailer or motor. That was no prolbem because I had the old motor off my whaler a 1987 8hp Merc.<br /><br />Today I ran the woody for the first time with the motor. I was shocked, the thing friggen flew. it jumped up on a plane moved right out, I was very impressed. Only thing I did not like was it seemed alittle tippy at high speeds.<br /><br />One of the two boats has to go if I want 17ft whaler. My question is, what boat would you keep?<br /><br />The whaler is a 1975hull with a new old stock 15hp Mercury.<br /><br />The woody has no name on it and has no numbers on it. For all I know it may be homemade.I have a 1987 8hp Merc on it. I've got pictures of the woody, but don't know how to post them, anyone want to post them for me? Let me know I'll email you a pict.<br /><br />Thanks for the replys,<br />Ryan.

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Re: First trip for my woody.

loose the woody...tippy isn't practical.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Yea, but its not real tippy only a little at WOT.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Ryan T...I'd keep the woody, even though I havn't seen it it's gotta be more efficient than a tri-hull like the whaler...and sets you apart from most the other boats out there...just a Thought

aspeck

Staff member

Since you are getting a Whaler, loose the smaller Whaler - that way you will have a Whaler if the mood strikes and a woody if that is your mood. If you lose the woody, you are just Whaler, dude.

dansoph

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ryan if your interested in selling the whaler let me know. i'm in the boston area. YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 footer

Lieutenant

My whaler is for sale in the Wantad right now.<br /><br />Before I get busted for selling on the iboats forums, email me.<br /><br />I don't know your email address, email me at<br /><br />ryanwhaler@mail.com

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Ryan, I can't believe you waited this long to get your woody wet. I would have had it out asap. Now put it away till you get married.

11 footer

Lieutenant

I would have loved to have it out sooner. But I just did not have a chance. Keep in mind I don't live on the water. Every time I made plans to go out I'd be like "Lets take the whaler, I know it won't let me down" the the end of the season started to come close and I was like "Oh, ****! I dident use this pig yet" :D

11 footer

Lieutenant

I may put it away untill I'm marryed with kids :D <br />That way when I have a son he can use it :D

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

YANKEES WINNNNN <br /><br />Saw it was your post had to do it!! :D :D :D

kdmiller8251

Chief Petty Officer

Lets see some pictures of the Woody...<br />The boat that is...

11 footer

Lieutenant

jgregory ,<br /> Check again, the Red Soxs won tonight. :cool: <br /><br />tallman,<br />I don't know how to post picts,. I'm going to email a pict to you and I hope you'll post it on this thread for me. . . . . .thanks.

11 footer

Lieutenant

I don't have your email address.<br /><br />what is it?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Oh Ryan, I didn't know we were talking about a boat. :eek:

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Yeah I know Ryan. :( It was a good game though. :) I have actually enjoyed watching this series. :) <br /><br />And to be perfectly honest whoever wins tonight deserves it. Both teams have played their heart out. :cool: :cool: <br /><br />Still would like to see that Yanks crush the Marlins!! :D

11 footer

Lieutenant

Rosco,<br />Thanks for posting the picts. . . thats the boat!<br />I thought I saw someone bach their :D <br /><br />Greg, no matter who wins tonight. . . .New york still sucks ;)