My boats new Home!! (pics)

woodee148

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We just closed the deal on a recreational property up North (near North Bay) Here is a shot of where she will rest for most of her summers. The boat there now is the current owners and with my 32" draft I will need to extend the dock out a few more feet to ensure no "Rock meets Prop" stories. the lake is 10 to 40' deep with great fishing and lots of protected bays for water sports! The lake is small ( about 44 km square). Now I really cant wait till spring!

Attachments

• P1090407.JPG
    P1090407.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1090416.JPG
    P1090416.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 0

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer
Re: My boats new Home!! (pics)

Looks nice. Where is it (state and town)?

woodee148

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Near North Bay Ontario, "Lake Nosbonsing" across the highway from Lake Nippissing

Paul Ryan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We just closed the deal on a recreational property up North (near North Bay) Here is a shot of where she will rest for most of her summers. The boat there now is the current owners and with my 32" draft I will need to extend the dock out a few more feet to ensure no "Rock meets Prop" stories. the lake is 10 to 40' deep with great fishing and lots of protected bays for water sports! The lake is small ( about 44 km square). Now I really cant wait till spring!

Hate people that got a place on the water and thats only because I don't. :p

Congrads!!! Looks like a great spot!!!

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sweet spot, gotta love driving to north bay! better yet, driving to temiscaming using the logging road, that's a blast in a snow storm! But in the summer time the area must be gorgeous!

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Looks stunning! Congrats!

Is it winterized?

Is this your first recreational property?

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Awesome looking place!! When are you going to be hosting the iboats gathering?? :p

rbh

Fleet Admiral

you have to appreciate ontario for all that cottage country, looks great.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats and good luck!

Jeep Man

Commander

sweet spot, gotta love driving to north bay! better yet, driving to temiscaming using the logging road, that's a blast in a snow storm! But in the summer time the area must be gorgeous!

I'm familiar with those logging roads. A group of us head north for a week in early June to fish. We went to Kipawa for two trips, Sassaguinega for three trips and last year we tried Ogascanan. Loved it and are returning this year. No way I'd go in the winter. BTW, I'm familiar with Rockland as well. I worked there for 3 weeks on a contract for TSC stores.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Congratulations, I was going to ask if that was on Lake Nippissing. I am envious I love it up there, I?ve fished Nippissing a few times. We have always stayed at Lakair lodge.

Jeff.

Triton II

Commander

Nice weekender! What's the summer water temp up there?

woodee148

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes this is our first recreational property. Its a bit of a haul for us (3.5hrs) but well worth it to get out of the grind (at a reasonable price). The water temp is "refreshing" don't actually know what the temp is. My kids and i were up there a few months ago and we swam around for an hour or so. It was cool but comfortable after a bit.

no its not winterized, it actually only has a little shack on it to keep the rain off your head, no running water or hydro, or a bathroom for that matter (thats on my honeydo list) . Its about 2500 feet from the road and you can currenlty only access by boat or ATV.

2500' deep by about 250 wide

I'd be more than happy to host a Iboats gathering once I get some tent spots cleared!! payment would be that you have to build your own section of dock!! :p

tkrfxr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great looking shore! Congratulations...It'll be worth the long drive to spend the weekends boating with the family....

Too bad it's winter...:(