Winner 2280 Cuddy Sport

MacBarry

Recruit
Do any of you own a Winner 2280 Cuddy Sport I/O with a self bailing deck with transom scuppers? If so does the deck stay dry and how do you like them? What type scuppers do you have flaps or ping pong valves? I currently have the factory deck drains that drain into the bilge. I know the outboard model came with scuppers. I would like to change this but would like some feed back first.

Jethros

Seaman
Re: Winner 2280 Cuddy Sport

I have the full transom for dual outboards. This is mounted to a platform transom mount. my drains go into the bilge. If i forget to shut the baitwell drain off I will get water filling onto the deck and then into the bilge. I believe if you had self bailing drains and a heavy load you would have wet feet. I bet a v8 would do that.

MacBarry

Recruit

Do your drains dump into a sump or direct into the bilge? On my boat they dump in to the bilge and the sea water is real tuff on the engine oil pan and all painted engine parts. I am repowering and would like to resolve the situation. What do your outboards weigh together?

Jethros

Seaman

Mine empties into the bilge but you can install a sump that would collect the water and pump out as needed. I also added nylon stockings to the drain hoses so not to get bait stuff in the pump. With the 140hps suzis weigh roughly 425lbs. and the platform transom bracket 100lbs. 950lbs total