Should I sell now or wait????

kozman01

Petty Officer 1st Class
I new to the ways of the boat market, especially here in wonderful, sun-drenched Ohio. I'm getting ready to put up my boat for the winter. I can store it in my garage so being able to show it to prospective buyers wouldn't be a problem. I'm looking at moving up to a larger boat in the spring and am just looking for some opinions on if I should put it up for sale now or wait until the spring? I know people are looking for good prices now and that brings the buyers out, but starting my boat in the middle of Dec. won't sit well with me, but then by April, most people will have what they are looking for. Just looking for some input. Thanks.

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Should I sell now or wait????

People in April haven't even started shopping yet! Wait until spring! People who buy now are looking for a steal and they are usually experiences buyers.<br />Most people will buy in spring and early summer, hence the higher demand creates a higher price for your boat. Most will rush a few weeks before going on summer holidays looking for a boat. Now you have a someone who wants a boat real bad.