Porsche Cayenne towing wiring adapter

tjwebber17

Cadet
Hi! I need help where I could buy adapter for my 2004 Porsche Cayenne I need a hitch wiring adapter from my stock wiring to 4 pin regular trailer wiring. I've googled and search on ebay but I couldnt find the exact adapter :( Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Porsche Cayenne towing wiring adapter

did you try Porsche

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If you buy it from Porsche you can expect to pay much more.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

What exactly is the plug on the vehicle? The round 7 pin?

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Try a U-haul truck and trailer rental center.

Personal experience... Do not let U-Haul or anybody else do any wiring on that vehicle. They seem to do passible on the "normal" vehicles, but they really screw up anything that they have not seen before. Personally, if I had that much money in a vehicle, I would either do it myself or buy the right stuff from Porsche.

Years ago, I let U-Haul put a wiring harness on a Ford Probe. They screwed it up and I had to take it to the dealer tom get it fixed. At least they admitted they screwed it up and paid for it, but I had to take it to the dealer myself. I also let another chain put a harness in a Saturn Wagon. They did not even know they screwed it up until I took it back and made them fix it.

Now if it does not have a factory adapter, I do it myself. No more paying for someone to screw it up for me.

TerryMSU

fsds123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Another option is to check with Volkswagen and see if they have the adapter. The Cayenne is basically the same vehicle as the VW Touareg, so they might share the same adapter. Might be cheaper at a VW dealer than Porsche dealer.