Pringle Crappies w/pic

CrappieMagnet

Seaman Apprentice
yummyfish.jpg

Try this! Take your crappie fillets, dip in egg and roll em in crushed Pringle Chips.
Fry em up and add Lemon juice...Yumm!

MRS

Commander
Re: Pringle Crappies w/pic

Looks great but what type of oil are you useing peanut oil or olive oil?

gonefishie

Commander

I've only filleted and eaten one crappie before and the meat wasn't flaky but kinda sandy and mushy. This fish was a fresh fish too. Is crappie meat always like that or did I do something wrong? What flavor of Pringles did you use?

a70eliminator

Captain

I won't eat Crappies unless they're caught through hard water.
During the summer the meat is too mushy for me too.
Never tried pringles, sure looks good.

MRS

Commander

You guys are taking care of your fish wrong crappie are the best. I always throw them on ice when I catch them acually I put all my fish on ice that I plan to eat. We fish Havasu for stipers in 100 plus degrees and are out all day fish we keep on ice always turn out great......

a70eliminator

Captain

There are very few people if any that eat summertime crappie around my area but I've lived a pretty sheltered life so that doesn't say much. I tried to filet them while still flippin, maybe thats my mistake.

milmat1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

There are very few people if any that eat summertime crappie around my area but I've lived a pretty sheltered life so that doesn't say much. I tried to filet them while still flippin, maybe thats my mistake.

Here in NC we eat they are a Holy Food. I fillet then but I do not remove the skin. After running the knife down the backbone I flip the meat over and cut it off above the tail Leaving the skin on !
We will catch a mess and have a fillett board mounted right to the pier so they get cleaned before they know they have been caught..LOL And all the "Mess" Gets dropped beside the pier creating a SUPER catfish hole as a bonus..
If you practice a little and Find a good breading ( House Autry!!!) You have never tasted anything so good.. Darn It NOW I'M HUNGRY !!