Look what I found under the engine...

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class
I went back out to the boat and was taking some measurements of the center console that I want to replace. I then started tinkering with the engine compartment when I found some wires going under the engine. I followed them to this lovely piece of my boat. I soon figured out that it is my engine bilge blower! Then the hunt was on to find out wher it was supposed to live. Turns out it is a flange style blower that attached to one of the aft facing vent covers in the center of the transome cover. I then went inside to the wide world of the internet and found a brand new one for 49.95 free shipping on ebay :D
blower.jpg

Center top transome.jpg

attaches underneath the right aft facing chrome vent.

5 speed

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Look what I found under the engine...

Yup that would be your bilge blower, don't forget you'll need to attach vent hoses and mount them down low in the bilge.

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

So the way my boat is set up... I have 4 vent scoops, 2 intake and 2 exhaust. It there just supposed to be one with the electric blower and one natural ventilation?

5 speed

jonesg

Admiral

Correct, run the elec blower before you fire up the engine, its a sparkless elec motor.

Then turn it off when underway.

Run it when fueling up.

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gotcha! I took the Coast Guard safety class back in the mid eighties but a little refresher tips wouldn't hurt!

5 speed

Azonic

Petty Officer 1st Class

cool find...

see if you can get this whole post moved into your restore thread since it is related...

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah I heard... sorry I didn't do things this way in other online groups I belong to. I'll just post in my restore thread and leave it at that.

5 speed