Trolling motor stopped working

jiujeetz

Cadet
Ok, I checked it and the black cable from the outlet was disconnected so I re connected it. Did not work after that. I checked the relay and it still not working. I bypass the relay and it still didn't work. Do you guys think is a fuse? It's a Mako 1901, 2008. and I can't find the fuse box. Thanks in advanced.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trolling motor stopped working

Trolling motors are not fused through the boats fuse box. They are directly wired to the trolling motor battery. What relay did you bypass. There are no relays between the battery and the motor. Just a circuit breaker at the battery. Is the trolling motor battery charged? Is there a plug and receptacle for the troller at the bow of the boat. If so, unplug the motor and check for voltage at the receptacle. If none, check the wiring between there and the battery. Terminals clean and tight on the battery?

jiujeetz

Cadet

Thanks for clarifying the fuse question. Both of the batteries are fully charged. And yes, it was the circuit breaker. I did connected the cables from the Tmotor to the battery, and the Tmotor is working. But when I connect the batteries and connect the Tmotor plug to the outlet.... nothing. I'll clean the terminals. Is the circuit breaker resettable?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Is this a 24 volt or 12 volt motor. Since you said "both batteries are charged" that raises the question about whether or not the batteries are connected properly.

jiujeetz

Cadet

It's a 24 and they are connected right, I think... black cable from the boat to the negative of battery one, connecting cable from battery one to positive to negative of bat 2, then red cable from boat to positive of battery 2.