Bypassing the fuel Pump Rlay??? Volvo Penta

MIKESANDO

Cadet
Please help!! Still not getting fuel to the carburetor. And tried all that was in the manual. But yesterday I bypassed the fuel pump relay and the pump kicked on. But did not bring fuel to the carb. I was using small wire and the load would only last so long till it winded down. My question is since it did kick on does this mean that my fuel pump is good? i think my relay is bad but not sure because i am still getting power to the pump but i do not know if is 12volts or not cause i am using a test light. thanks in advance for any help.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bypassing the fuel Pump Rlay??? Volvo Penta

It would really help if we knew what "Volvo" you have without going looking through your other posts. It would be a good idea to add the year, and FULL model number of your engine and drive in your signature. That way it's always there when you ask a question.

On to your question. Just remove the relay, then jumper across terminals 87 and 30 and the pump should run. Make sure you have power at the 30 terminal first. if no power there, the pump won't work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fuel pump.jpg
    fuel pump.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 7

abde

Cadet
2005 volvo penta 5.0

2005 volvo penta 5.0

It would really help if we knew what "Volvo" you have without going looking through your other posts. It would be a good idea to add the year, and FULL model number of your engine and drive in your signature. That way it's always there when you ask a question.

On to your question. Just remove the relay, then jumper across terminals 87 and 30 and the pump should run. Make sure you have power at the 30 terminal first. if no power there, the pump won't work.

http://forums.iboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41327&stc=1&d=1259018768[/IMG

First time using a forum and i have the same thing going on the motor turns but doesnt run. I changed the relay because i thought it was the problem but still doesnt run. The pump seems to be running did similar tests as what Don described could the problem be my key ignition going bad? but it still trys to start so im not sure if thats the problem.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to iboats abde,

You really need to start your own thread, with your engine information, and describe your problem.
When you see the red bar at the bottom of an old thread, follow the suggestion. That is why it was there.

attachment.php

abde

Cadet

Just found how to do a new thread and i posted my information there, ii didnt know how to do it so i posted it here. Sorry about that.