what size prop 2 use, force 125, 1988

oleliner

Cadet
yes i have an old bayliner cutty cabin, 1988.it is 1810 model capri, the prop on the boat now i cannot read what size it is , an old boat from florida,salt has taken its toll on the prop, not to mention the operator running aground..
the boat will reach a speed of 29 mph, if all goes well, and the force is with me, times the force will cut out at full throttle, open for some good suggestions, i run the boat in the high country lakes in colorado... thanks for any advice

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: what size prop 2 use, force 125, 1988

Check under the prop nut for numbers. Otherwise take the prop to a prop shop and have them measure it.What is the rpm at 29?Is the speed by gps?
There is a slim chance someone with the same setup can help.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

my '87 125 Force came with a 13" dia.x19 pitch...sounds like you may have a fuel delivery problem...it is the easiest to diagnose, so , a good starting point,...when it dies at full throttle , check your primer bulb to see if it is full of fuel...if not , with that age boat , I would suspect a clogged pick-up tube screen inside of the fuel tank... if bulb has fuel in it when you check,... ya might want to check out your fuel pump.. also , if you search the threads for owners manuals , in the Bayliner forum, you will find a phone # for the Bayliner customer service,and should be able to have an original owners manual mailed to you for free...have your H.I.N. ready ...good stuff !

oleliner

Cadet

Check under the prop nut for numbers. Otherwise take the prop to a prop shop and have them measure it.What is the rpm at 29?Is the speed by gps?
There is a slim chance someone with the same setup can help.

yes the speed quoted is from my ray marine fishfinder,thanks for the information, i will have to remove the prop & and ask a boat shop to tell me size etc.

Boatdrinks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Getting with Bayliner for information on you HIN sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe then the force will really be with you....

Boatdrinks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

so you ever get that force figured out?