Our Backyeard Friends

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer
Just thought i would let everyone see some of my friends. These are just two of the many we watch every day. We do have two others that are bigger but i haven't been able to get a good pitcher of the yet.

Attachments

• 9 pt.jpg
    9 pt.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 10 pt 1.jpg
    10 pt 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 8 pointer.jpg
    8 pointer.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Our Backyeard Friends

Do you watch them from home ???
Great photos.

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

Do you watch them from home ???
Great photos.

These are in my backyard every evening. We do have a 12 pointer that is huge i just haven't gotten a good photo of him yet. We also have about 8 to 10 does that visit every day. We have had a blast watching the bucks fight and chase the does. The funny thing about it is i live in a big sud division with close neighbors.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

They are fun to watch and take pics of until the insurance adjuster is taken the pics:eek::D:D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Bro in law, lives in Ormand Beach, has the parade every morning and evening.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Wow, nice looking bucks, I just hope I see that many points on Saturday its opening day here :eek: :D

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We see a lot of deer in our yard, and we live in a pretty suburban area too. Here in the lower peninsula of Michigan we have a real problem with deer overpopulation, with no natural predators and no good plans for culling them. My wife says "ooooh look at the pretty deer...so beautiful...so graceful!" They are beautiful pests. They stick their heads over the fence around my vegetable garden and eat the tops of the plants. They crap all over my backyard.

I almost hit a deer on the road we live on, on my way to help my brother-in-law cut up a couple deer last night. I saw the first one, hit my brakes, it cleared the road, then there was a second and I thought "this is going to be close"...then a third one. I don't know how I missed that last one-- I must have brushed its tail with my bumper.

Here's some visitors in our yard from last winter-- might be the same three I almost hit last night:rolleyes::
oh_deer.jpg

aspeck

Staff member

So, when can I bring my bow and come visit?

Last week was the last week of early archery here in PA. I was hoping to get out, but with the death of the family friend, that didn't happen. I just came in from sneaking up on a nice 6 point on the "back 40." Got within 40 yards and it had no clue I was there. No need to push it ... rifle season starts Nov 30th ... don't want to spook him till then. He will be good on the table!

Tyme2fish

Commander

mike64, iboats has the perfect product for your needs. Just released, the New and improved ACRE STRETCHER.

Is your land ownership too small for legal hunting. Just buy ACRE STRETCHER. But wait. Act now and we'll also include GARAGE STRETCHER at no charge .(just pay shipping and handling)

ps. How can something be "new" and also "improved.":confused:

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

mike64, iboats has the perfect product for your needs. Just released, the New and improved ACRE STRETCHER.

Is your land ownership too small for legal hunting. Just buy ACRE STRETCHER. But wait. Act now and we'll also include GARAGE STRETCHER at no charge .(just pay shipping and handling)

ps. How can something be "new" and also "improved.":confused:

Darn it T2F, I got my credit card out & ready to buy, and your links aren't working :(

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

We just finished watching the 10 pointer (middle pitcher). He decided to lay down and take a break for a couple hours tonight.
We do have one i would like to harvest its a BIG 12 pointer ( i don't have a good pitcher of him yet) only problem is the neighbors. Most of us have fenced in back yards and with my luck it would make it over three or four of them. We also have a State Patrol officer who lives two doors down on one side and a county Sheriff who lives across the street. I wouldn't wont to explain to them why i was dragging a deer from there yards. Besides that i get along with both and they always give me a call when they have a road kill.

aspeck

Staff member

We just finished watching the 10 pointer (middle pitcher). He decided to lay down and take a break for a couple hours tonight.
We do have one i would like to harvest its a BIG 12 pointer ( i don't have a good pitcher of him yet) only problem is the neighbors. Most of us have fenced in back yards and with my luck it would make it over three or four of them. We also have a State Patrol officer who lives two doors down on one side and a county Sheriff who lives across the street. I wouldn't wont to explain to them why i was dragging a deer from there yards. Besides that i get along with both and they always give me a call when they have a road kill.

We HAD a severe rabbit problem this year ... my one neighbor is retired State Police and the other is Regional Police. I told them not to look if they saw any rabbits getting stuck with an arrow ... they laughed and told me to take out as many of the little critters as possible because their wives were complaining about loss of flowers. ;):D In the end it was all good and between the neighbor across the street and myself we got rid of about 20 little critters. in a week and the problem subsided greatly!:p

Sometimes law enforcement is your friend!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

We've had a bunch of cottontails running around here this summer that the dog likes to chase around the yard. She nailed a couple. But, I did see a bobcat on my property a couple of times. Haven't been seeing the cottontails lately. Hmmmmm......

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

I was able to get a good photo of the big buck tonight. He isn't a 12 pointer like we thought. He is only a big 10 pointer. As you can see he is sizing up the 10 pointer from my first post. I was able to get out on the deck about 15 feet away to take these photos. It was so cool to watch them.

Attachments

• deer 024.jpg
    deer 024.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
  • deer 025.jpg
    deer 025.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • deer 027.jpg
    deer 027.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0

Tyme2fish

Commander

I don't hunt (have no problem with those that do) but those are some nice bucks.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I was able to get a good photo of the big buck tonight. He isn't a 12 pointer like we thought. He is only a big 10 pointer. As you can see he is sizing up the 10 pointer from my first post. I was able to get out on the deck about 15 feet away to take these photos. It was so cool to watch them.

Awesome!! Your friends would look good on my wall...... Sorry... WI opener is Sat..