Favorite modification or addition?

DANZIG

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What's your most favorite thing you have done, or added, to, your boat?

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Favorite modification or addition?

Well for all my passengers benefit, the popup change room for the porta potty on our potoon boat:D:D. For myself, the LED nav lites I mounted in the rubrail of the 'toon so I don't have worry about them getting crunched against a dock like the originals did.
Mike

briguy2817

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So far it would have to be the instalation of Smart Tabs. Made a world of difference for my Bayliner.

Brian

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

my #1 favorite, anchor winch,we fish for halibut in 250 ft at anchor
wifes #1 favorite, Dickenson propane heater for those cold damp nights:)

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had new iesenglass made...this time with eye lid cut outs. Its great to keep every thing up ( enclosure ) and just roll up/down the cut outs

Newboatpics10-20-04-053.jpg

Newboatpics10-20-04-063.jpg

Woodyq

Seaman

As with a previous poster Smart Tabs get my vote. What a difference! Next desired add on is an extended swim platform.

Boat is an '06 Larson SEI 180 LX with the 3L.

Drowned Rat

Captain

We get the most use out of the extended swim platform. I think my favorite was putting in high power underwater blue LEDs off the stern. It is SOOO cool at night.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

smarttabs! Literally its one of those products that most boats should not leave the factory without!

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

CUP HOLDERS!... I mean who can have enough cup holders?

DSCF3758.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF3760.jpg

Although for functionality...my bench seat on top of the splashwell really changed the use of the rear of the boat (and lead to the need for cupholders.

DSCF3083.jpg
[/IMG]

robert graham

Admiral

I built a 7' by 8' wooden deck on the front of my jon boat, covered it with marine carpet, we pitch the tent up front for camping, take down tent in the morning, use that big deck for fishing, shrimping, crabbing, napping. Deck was easy to build, tied to gunwales with small blocks of wood so it doesn't blow off while towing. Lots of folks stop to look and ask about it but I've never seen one like it. Boat also has a 7' by 8' bimini top that covers the console and middle part of boat. I came up with the deck idea myself, so far, so good.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

stripping EVERYTHING off the deck of my pontoon boat, and starting over from scratch. now it is the boat i wanted.

i guess out of all of it, is adding 140 hp motor.

bekosh

Lieutenant

For me it was adding the Hydroturf to my swim platform. The original non-skid was completly useless and I had slipped off several times. The Hydroturf is easy on bare feet and no more slippage.:cool:
PICT0011.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

ken52

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had no practical place for fishing rods. On the boat I have a cooler seat with a backrest. The bracket which supports the arms of the backrest I removed and made a bracket out of starboard and attached 3 rod holders to them. Then I took some pvc that fit into rod holder and attached a dbl drink holder to the pvc. Now I have a place for my guests to put a soda and there phone or whatever and slide them out when fishing.

Also add a longer 3 step boarding ladder so short legged folks like me and the misses can get back aboad after a swim. LOL