1992 Doral 255 MC Fuel Tank Location?

Richie086

Cadet
Hi folks,

I want to see if it's possible for me to check the inside of my 75 gallon fuel tank for water or corrosion, but I'm not sure if it's located beneath the floor in the main salon or not. I did notice in the aft cabin, there seems to be an aluminum tank just beneath the flooring under the bed. Is this the fuel tank or a water holding tank? I recently purchased this boat and I'm still trying to figure out a few things on it. Thanks.

JJdoral

Recruit
Re: 1992 Doral 255 MC Fuel Tank Location?

Richie,
The aluminum tank you mention is the fuel tank. The best way to inspect the internals is to locate the fuel sender unit/float. The sender has a flange with a couple of screws , after removing the sending unit you will be able to see the inside of the tank. Good luckl!
ps..I'm assuming the tank is empty???????????????

jjdoral

Richie086

Cadet

Richie,
The aluminum tank you mention is the fuel tank. The best way to inspect the internals is to locate the fuel sender unit/float. The sender has a flange with a couple of screws , after removing the sending unit you will be able to see the inside of the tank. Good luckl!
ps..I'm assuming the tank is empty???????????????

jjdoral

Hi JJ,

Yes, the tank is near empty at this time. After I inspect the tank, will the fuel sender require a new gasket prior to screwing it back down? Thanks for your reply. :)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Hi JJ,

Yes, the tank is near empty at this time. After I inspect the tank, will the fuel sender require a new gasket prior to screwing it back down? Thanks for your reply. :)

To be on the safe side I would say yes to a new gasket.