Bearing buddy install

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
I have a bearing buddy like system. The grease zirts seem to stick out on a pylon as opposed the the standard bearing buddies that are stainless steel and you can see the spring. I am doing a poor job of discribing but does anyone know what I am speaking of. I tried to install bearing buddies but they run up against the lip seal almost immediately. Could that lip seal be walking out? How is that outer lip seal installed?<br /><br />Whats the score here??? Help

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Bearing buddy install

Your Bearing Buddies, Sound like the "Dust-Cap, with a Grease Zirt" Style.....<br />No Spring ?????<br /><br />The Seal Lip Question has Me, Totally Baffled.................... :rolleyes:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Did you ever wake up and find out that you are more than capable of being an idiot. Well you are exactly right bondo, they are not spring loaded and not even metal. They turned out to be plastic grease caps with a zirk. The cap broke off clean (flush) and left the plastic liner still in the sleave. This gave me the impression that it was some kind of lip seal but not true. I am always very careful before I start digging out something I don't know with a screwdriver and a hammer. Started taking another off and and low and behold same break same way.<br /><br />Dug out the old liner with screwdriver, cleaned out the grease and installed bearing buddies and a couple of squirts of grease. (x4) Done!!!<br /><br />Thanks for the response. I can't believe they made grease cups out of plastic. Junk. Vanguard trailer for those interested.

Bondo

Staff member

Did you ever wake up and find out that you are more than capable of being an idiot.
OOhhh Yaa,<br />More than One Day in My Life................ :D