Right Marker Light Blinking

Jmil

Cadet
My left marker and tail light work perfect. My right marker and tail light are a different story. When I turn on my hazards or blinker both marker and tail will blink. When I just have my head lights on I get nothing from either one. What can I do to fix this issue? I have power coming out of the brown wire at the truck and at the 4 flat adapter.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Right Marker Light Blinking

I think you may have some wires crossed, double check your work.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Also make very sure that light is grounded.Sometimes it will back feed through the tail light circuit to make a ground when the turn signal or flashers are on.

Jmil

Cadet

O.k, just went back through all the lighting and everything works except the tail light function of the the rear right. The marker lights work as they should, I get a blinker function and a hazard function out of the right rear, the only thing I am missing is illumination when my headlights are on. Thanks for all the help!!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

3 most common causes of trailer lighting issues.

#1. Bad ground
#2. Bad ground.
#3. Bad ground

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

maybe this will help....

Attachments

• 4 way wiring.jpg
    4 way wiring.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Is your tow vehicle a chevy? my tahoe was wired incorrrectly at the vehicle harness; there's an extra brake light wire that's white that the mechanics somewhere assumed was a ground wire. Switch vehicle to troubleshoot that possibility.

sfy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

looking at the diagram that Marlboro180 posted, can anyone decipher what it says regarding the amber light at the top? i can read "exclusive of the tongue" but the last little bit i cant make out