putting lower unit back together

Status
Not open for further replies.

sween

Cadet
trying to put lu back together. got lu about a quarter inche from completely together but would'nt go all the way.had a hell of a time lining up water spout got it this close and in front of water spout than just threaded everything back together hoping spout was pulled in.when i move gears back and forth they work fine but when i have it in gear and manualy turn prop a bit than go back to shifting gears it does'nt want to go in referse and its got me worried whether that water spout went in good or not.than i can manualy turn prop again than gears work fine .

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: putting lower unit back together

uhm, might help us if we knew what manufacturer , year , and hp of your engine....forcing it together with bolts is NOT a wise idea....sounds like you should drop it down again and wait for advice after we know what you are dealing with......:confused::confused::confused::confused:

possibly asking this question in the repair and maintenance section dealing with your engine's manufacturer would help as well......just a thought...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yes we need to know what motor we're talking about. Plus you have this in the trailer section. I'd be happy to move it for you but I need to know what motor repair section to move it too......

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yep, need all the relevant info and a section move to get the assistance you need.

sween

Cadet

the motor is a 1985 25 johnson longshaft model cj25rcos

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

....Moved to the J/E repair section

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Since you reposted...I'll close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.