thermostat location

crawfisher

Cadet
hello all i have what i believe to be a 1987 mercury outboard 50 hp. ser number is 9b114042, cant find model number. anyhow does this have a thermostat, and if so where is it located. also is it supposed to pee a steady stream while idling? this one doesnt, it streams then suptters water, back and forth. thanks for help.d

Big Pete

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: thermostat location

hello all i have what i believe to be a 1987 mercury outboard 50 hp. ser number is 9b114042, cant find model number. anyhow does this have a thermostat, and if so where is it located. also is it supposed to pee a steady stream while idling? this one doesnt, it streams then suptters water, back and forth. thanks for help.d

I have a 80 similar blocks i believe ,,

Read my Post and watch my vids i had a pee problem , i cleaned out some crap from the return pipe and pee end.. gave it a good pressure hose down the return pipe..

Are you on mufflers or in the water when you see this ?

crawfisher

Cadet

i started out on the muffs, then got a tank. it still does it. when i put the throtle to it it streams hard and stredy, just the stop and go on idle has be baffled.

Big Pete

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Maybe just increase the tickover a tad .. And if its strong on throttle maybe its not a problem anyways . i have seen a few boats in the water on tickovers and some of them just dribble in fits and starts :)