self inflating life jacket

vipzach

Lieutenant
Last weekend while at the lake with my Dad, we saw a couple with some nice looking outfits. My Dad was telling that the jackets were waterproof and self inflating. He went on and on about them, so I would like to find them for Christmas. I pants and jackets were black and I'm pretty sure they had Ranger Boats stitched in the back of the jacket. I have found something similar here http://www.mustangsurvival.com/products/product.php?id=505 but would like to find what we saw.

I know I don't have alot of info really, but would really appreciate if you guys might know what I'm talking about and can point me to where I can find it!

Thanks!

vipzach

Lieutenant
Re: self inflating life jacket

Thanks, but I looked at their site the other day and didn't see anything either.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Coats like the one at the referenced website, Mustang Survival MC1524 Integrity? Flotation Coat, certainly are not new. My dad worked on the lake in the winter and had one, but seldom wore it due to the bulk. That was 50 years ago. It wasn't CG approved either.

The Mustang manual/auto inflatable PFDs are sold right here at iboats.

51599_849828.jpg

vipzach

Lieutenant

I didn't see the MC1524 on iboats, just the one pictured above, which is not what he wanted. The reference to the mustang survival was only so you could see what I was talking about. I am specifically looking for the Ranger boats version.

Why did this get moved to Dockside Chat?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Well then, how about this one.

1402_320_large.jpg

The Mustang auto-inflatable from iBoats is $180.00. The same thing with the Ranger logo is $300.00. Is "Ranger" worth $120.00?

vipzach

Lieutenant

Did you look at the link I posted? My Dad wanted and liked the full jacket.

Attachments

• MC1524image185.jpg
    MC1524image185.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0