does 93 90hp evirude v4 recharge the battery?I see no alternator.

okditch

Cadet
As I was saying in the tiltle,can anyone explain how or if this motor charges the battery or not? I know it may sound stupid, but the motor is new to me and i was just wondering...Thanks for any input!-okditch

Last edited:

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: does 93 90hp evirude v4 recharge the battery?I see no alternator.

As I was saying in the tiltle,can anyone explain how or if this motor charges the battery or not? I know it may sound stupid, but the motor is new to me and i was just wondering...Thanks for any input!-okditch

The part (coils) that generates the electricity is under the flywheel. There is also a rectifier to change the generated AC to DC required for charging the battery. Rectifier type and location varies.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

It should if all is working correctly.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

You do have an alternator and OMC service manuals make reference to it. What is confusing to some, however, is that the system tends to be discussed more in terms of the components, rather than the system as a whole.

Your alternator is made up of the flywheel and the stator, which is located under the flywheel. The magnets in the flywheel, in combination with the charge coils mounted on/in the stator, produce AC voltage, which is then converted to DC voltage by the rectifier. The recitfier is typically mounted on the side of the powerhead. Amperage output tends to vary, with the older motors putting out much less than the motors of today.

???