4 Stroke 115HP will only turn 3500 RPMs.

Striper19943

Recruit
Two weks ago one of my engines would only turn 3500 RPMs. So I changed oil & Filters, both fuel water separators, both engine fuel filters and all spark plugs. Everything looked good except for the fuel filter on the engine experiencing the loss of power. It's filter had some white pasty looking gum on the top and bottom. Yesterday I took it out and it will now turn 4000 RPM's so the problem looks like gummed up fuel sytstem. What can I use to clean the system & injectors? Is it something I should try or should I take it to a dealer? The three I called today said they couldn't get to it till some time in January. Since I fish up to and hopefully into January I can't wait that long. Any advice?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 4 Stroke 115HP will only turn 3500 RPMs.

buy the service manual, purchase VST filters and gaskets as nessasary and clean or replace the VST filter as nessasary.
the injectors can be sent out to most any injector shop. I use flagship marine in florida but only cause UPS delivers and so far the service has been exceptional.

Striper19943

Recruit
Re: 4 Stroke 115HP will only turn 3500 RPMs.

I ordered the service manual yesterday and after receiving it, will do as you suggest. Thanks. Bobl