(pics) a few carpet removal questions for glastron tri-hull folks

fjohn

Seaman Apprentice
I want to get rid of the carpet in my old glastron T-161 and put a roll on or spray on pickup bed liner in it. I know this probably is a simple matter of grabbing it with a pliers and pulling but before I do that, I have a few questions as the carpet is in fair shape and the boat could be sold for more than I have into it the way it sits and I could find a replacement with those dollars with something that might fit my criteria a bit better.

Refer to the pics for corresponding questions.
1 & 2: is the carpet tucked under at these two spots, and if so, is it a simple matter to remove?

3: is the carpet tucked behind here?

4: how do you remove this? I can't find any bolts/nuts on the back.. do you remove those buttons?

5: is the carpet under these bases?

6: how do I get the carpet out from under the livewell right under the seat?

thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 45.JPG
    45.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 0

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer
Re: (pics) a few carpet removal questions for glastron tri-hull folks

Why remove the carpet, at all? You don't sound particularly happy with this boat and say you'd get enough for it to buy what you really want. Then, do that. The carpet looks good in the photos. If it really is, and you'll never be completely happy with the boat, even after you change the carpet, then clean up the boat, shampoo the present carpet, and update to the boat you really want. After all, the only reason for boating in the first place is to make the boater happy! Hy P.S. From the photos, it looks like you would have to disassemble and remove the seats and the livewell to get the carper out; a real PITA. Hy

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Have you researched bedliner? Cost? and how it lasts in a boat? a few members here have tried it and probably would never go that route again.

fjohn

Seaman Apprentice

The reason I want to remove the carpet is I want to make this my spearfishing boat. Lot's of blood and fish slime everywhere. plus, when I bought the boat it had been in storage with the cover on.. the vinyl on the seats was pretty moldy. Tilex worked wonders, and the seats and the rest of the vinyl returned to great condition, but the carpet is still a bit musty smelling, but getting better every day.

A lot of things I like about this boat and very few things I dislike is why I'm wanting to modify it to fit my use. It's low to the water, can be towed behind my car, planes instantly, fast, runs great, but probably the best thing is the room it has to move around in for a fairly small boat and I can take out the fishing seats. It is a bit heavier than I should tow with the car but it's do-able. I'd maybe replace it with a lighter boat and something that doesn't have any carpet, but I really like the layout of this boat. This is a good solid boat that could make a great speafishing rig for me.

I've read on here about the bed liner, and I may or not use bed liner specific material. I was in a boat setup for spearfishing that had a bed liner type coating and it was good, still a little slippery, and they were glad it was lighter color so it didn't get hot. But for a spearfishing boat, it looked like a good base.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I was not doubting your plans but the bedliner is what I did not agree with....

fjohn

Seaman Apprentice

sorry, I just edited my previous post about the bed liner..