Boat Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahannas

Cadet
Hmmm, I wonder why people don't "rescue" boats the way they do dogs or cats. Well some people do but you never hear much about them. Think about it. Why do people have pets? Because they love animals? Nonsense! They love how animals make them feel. They crave the companionship and acceptance their pets give them. In short, pets bring them comfort and security, right? Well then . . . !

OK, maybe my boat isn't cuddly, but I can sure get comfy in it. There?s nothing like sitting in the backwards seat with my feet up on the jump seat, reading my magazine, drink in the cup holder and a bag of Doritos on the floor next to me. Especially in the autumn, floating with a lazy current, leaves falling into the water. It?s therapy that Fido just can?t top!

Too bad there?s no ?Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Boats? because, I?ve seen a lot of cruelty to boats. And there?s a lot in common here. Dogs eat Purina and attract fleas. Boats eat gas and attract spiders. Both are expensive and require care. What do they ask in return? A little TLC, to go for walkies around the lake, a little unleaded when they get hungry (OK, a LOT of unleaded).

I think there should be a TV show on the ?Boat Planet? network that follows a marine surveyor around as he confronts errant boaters.

?Excuse me Sir but a neighbor has called to complain about this boat. You need to do something about that river scum. I?m going to be back in a week and I want to see that hull looking healthier?.

They could feature a ?rescue boat? each episode. Some nasty old hull that was headed for a land-fill until a caring volunteer adopts it. Some fiberglass work, new paint, engine rebuild and it?s rehabilitated. If the owners get into trouble, they could call in some marine mechanic who bills himself as the ?Boat Whisperer?. A couple sessions and everything?s fixed. Then the owners can sit around the yacht club, sipping white wine and smugly tell their friends "Yes, I'm on my third rescue boat".

It all makes sense to me; I wonder why the networks has tried this?:D

Knightgang

Lieutenant
Re: Boat Rescue

Maybe we could get somebody to take on the role of Ty Pennington and host a show called "Extreme Boat Rebuild" where ordinary people write in about their awful situation (or of friends and neighbors) and the situation of the rundown boat. Then, the show can go in with a group of abotu 30 volunteers and work 24/7 for a week to rebuild the boat. Companies like West Marine, iboats, Bass Pro Shops, etc. can donate needed materials and accessories to complete the fit and finish of the boat.

We can Launch the Boat and anchor it behind a Floating Yatch for the reveal. The owner and Volunteers can stand on the Dock/Shore and Chant "MOVE THAT YATCH" ...

I nominate myself as the host... Who is in...???

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer

Sooner or later there would probably be an "Octo-boat" Dad. (Went out and bought eight more boats when he already had six sitting in the garage.) I can hear Geraldo already.....

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

ROTFLMAO--- And it's only October!!!!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Closed, Politics and iboats does not mix. there are plenty of political forums for you express your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.