Fuel line help

stingertrey

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a universal 3/8 fuel line hose with bubble in it already.. bought johnson/evinrude end fuel connectors and they dont work with my 1963 evinrude..? its not sealing or something? over the years did these fuel connectors change?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel line help

I bought a universal 3/8 fuel line hose with bubble in it already.. bought johnson/evinrude end fuel connectors and they dont work with my 1963 evinrude..? its not sealing or something? over the years did these fuel connectors change?

Are you sure you got Evinrude/Johnson fuel connectors? Yamaha ones look just like them except won't work because the size is just a little off.

Bifflefan

Commander

Is it the connector to connector? or the connector to the fuel line? thats not sealing.
Is the O-ring on the old part good?

Return the ones you got and get a BRP all in one kit.

stingertrey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

they are definitely omc connectors.. brand new fuel line with brand new connectors.. have an old fuel line with old connectors and they look the same.. just hate touching the thing bc it has some black residue all over it and turns your hand black instantly wherever i touch it. but its just not sealing..

F_R

Supreme Mariner

they are definitely omc connectors.. brand new fuel line with brand new connectors.. have an old fuel line with old connectors and they look the same.. just hate touching the thing bc it has some black residue all over it and turns your hand black instantly wherever i touch it. but its just not sealing..

OK, at the risk of repeating myself, are you sure? Do you know for a fact that the guy at the factory didn't put Yamaha connectors in the package? They look the same. If that isn't it, I don't have an answer for the problem except take 'em back.

jbjennings

Captain

I accidentally got a yamaha connector once and had to run all over the place trying to figure out what the problem was. Like F-R said, you cannot tell the diff. by looking at them, even when they're side by side.
I've never had a new OMC connector that didn't work, and I've bought a bunch of them over the years! My vote is for yamaha connectors as well.:) Glad to hear you got it running good!
JBJ​

Elbo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Get a little dirt on your hands and it will probly work.

stingertrey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea I went to wal-mart and bought a universal hose and 2 separate connectors and put them together myself bc they didnt have the whole fuel line kit. and the 2 little seperate packs that they came in said johnson/evinrude fuel connectors.. so I dont know.. prolly just take them back and switch them