anyone ever heard of Glassmate boats?

Hukeedo

Seaman
I have a 17.6 ft Glassmate boat, made in Gainsboro TN. I never heard of them and can't find any info onthe net. It seems to be a good and solid boat.
Thanks for any info and help.

Handegard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: anyone ever heard of Glassmate boats?

I've got a 1981 Glassmate, mines just a hair over 16' with a Volvo Penta setup...

I'm starting a progress thread about mine as I go through it and replace the floors and other wood parts. I'd love to see pictures of yours.

Chris L Smith

Recruit

I sure have!!! Several years ago I had the privlege of owning one! It was an 18ft Fish/Ski model I want to saw it was a late 70's to early 80's model. Of all the boats I have owned in the past, it was by far the most comfortable, and best laid out boat ever! I kick myself in the butt everytime I think about it!! Mine had a 140 hp Johnson that lasted pretty good... I ended up with a 150 merc on her, and with th power of a Merc, She really came alive!!!

clb077

Cadet

I also have a 18ft Fish/Ski model 1981 Glassmate with a Mercruiser 165 inboard that I am doing some work on and I was wondering if there is a manuel available for this boat. Can not wait to get her on the water.

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

I recognize the name and know I've seen a few around.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I also have a 18ft Fish/Ski model 1981 Glassmate with a Mercruiser 165 inboard that I am doing some work on and I was wondering if there is a manuel available for this boat. Can not wait to get her on the water.

Please do not dig up old threads cln077. That being said, you aren't likely to find an owners manual for your particular boat (if one ever really existed anyway, often they're just real generic safety information). A factory service manual for your specific engine/drive is well worth acquiring. Post up in the Mercruiser section and the guys there will be able to tell you where to find one.