mercury / quicksilver control box mess

ugadawg187

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok guys so my control box has been taken apart & from what i see only two pieces are missing, the ignition switch & another smaller switch. My question is if there is a website where i can buy just those two parts w/o spending $200 on a whole new setup???

Fuzzytbay

Chief Petty Officer
Re: mercury / quicksilver control box mess

Sounds like a choke switch and ignition switch. A mercury dealer, or even Iboats, or oldmercs.com should have them.

katsandsuds

Cadet

You did not say what control unit you have, but here a link that has Quicksilver controls. If you click on on of the models, there is a link to the schematic break down to the right of the pic. You should be able to get the PN and then search for the part at the best price.

http://www.marinepowerservice.com/B...=451425&parent_cat3=454054&parent_cat4=454210

Try to be more specific with your post. The more info the easier it is for these guys to help you out. Hope this is what you need, now if I can just find the tach harness I need to plug into my control unit.

ugadawg187

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Its a quicksilver commander 2000 series. Its minus the ignition switch, kill switch & another small internal switch.

Fuzzytbay

Chief Petty Officer

The small internal switch may be a "neutral starting switch", again if you go to the site posted by k&s you should be able to find the schematic and parts list.

ugadawg187

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks for the help guys

paulroberts

Recruit

Help!
I have a commander 2000 control box, everthing is ok but the throttle only function. I'm 99% sure I have it installed correct but it does not activate throttle only when pushed. It has good spring pressure and returns out when released. Can anyone give me a tip??