Gas leaking from Post

WalleyesAndTNT

Recruit
I have a 86 15hp. Connected the hose and it leaked from the post like crazy. checked it with another hose and leaked. checked hoses with my 4hp and they worked. checked connection and was "clamped". is there some obstruction going on? really wanted to go fishing and hunting. any ideas? thanks.

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Gas leaking from Post

There's an 'o' ring in the connector at the end of that gas can hose, right in front of the check ball. You might want to change that, or just get another connector end and should be set to go. If I recall correctly, the new ends are not expensive and might be better to do that anyway.

Rick.

Captain

Strange they worked on the 4. I would take a real close look at the motor connection to see if it is scratched or damaged. Best of luck. Rick.

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer

Strange they worked on the 4. I would take a real close look at the motor connection to see if it is scratched or damaged. Best of luck. Rick.

Whoops, I thought he meant he used another hose from his 4.

Yeah, maybe there is an issue with the connector on the motor then. That can be replaced as well, if I'm not mistaken, only a little more work that what I said previously.