1977 Johnson black plug???????

UMLQQKNATU

Recruit
Hello, I have a 1977 Johnson Seahorse 25hp model #25E77S.
It is set up for remote control, but I don?t have any of the controls for it yet.
Attached to my motor under the cowl is a round BLACK male plug 5 pin. Can I use a RED female plug with this or does it have to be a BLACK female plug? On ebay I see a bunch of used controls listed for sale but they all seem to have a RED female plug. I was told from different people that I can use it but I don?t know if the pins will line up or if the wire colors are the same. I don?t want to burn something up? does anyone know what is the difference in the colors? Any help is appreciated thanks

Attachments

• seahorse 25h 007.jpg
    seahorse 25h 007.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1977 Johnson black plug???????

Hello, I have a 1977 Johnson Seahorse 25hp model #25E77S.
It is set up for remote control, but I don?t have any of the controls for it yet.
Attached to my motor under the cowl is a round BLACK male plug 5 pin. Can I use a RED female plug with this or does it have to be a BLACK female plug? On ebay I see a bunch of used controls listed for sale but they all seem to have a RED female plug. I was told from different people that I can use it but I don?t know if the pins will line up or if the wire colors are the same. I don?t want to burn something up? does anyone know what is the difference in the colors? Any help is appreciated thanks

The color is significant. They have to match. Circuits are different.