1996 Trojan 390

Skipper Tom

Recruit
I've recently purchased a Trojan 390 with nly 148 hours on the engines. It is in like new condition which is the way I would like to keep it. There are a few minor fixes that need to happen and I would like to use original parts. Does anyone have any recommendations of places to go for parts?

otis69

Recruit
Re: 1996 Trojan 390

good luck with your 390 i can t help you with your question but would like to ask you 1 . i have been looking at same boats around same year and now im hearing 50/50 comments on the v-drives. did you do much research and have you driven it much yet. whats your take on it and whats a good deal price range in exl. condition of course thank you otis

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats! That's one fine boat. Most of the mechanical parts are off-the-shelf items still being produced.
OTOH if you need to replace something specific to your model, it might be tough.
Trojan Yachts went out of business in the late 90's but I think there's an active group who exhange info via an internet forum. Maybe they can help. I recall reading that one member purchased a lot of NOS parts when the company went out.
Good luck!

NYBo

Admiral

good luck with your 390 i can t help you with your question but would like to ask you 1 . i have been looking at same boats around same year and now im hearing 50/50 comments on the v-drives. did you do much research and have you driven it much yet. whats your take on it and whats a good deal price range in exl. condition of course thank you otis
Um, Otis, did you happen to notice that the thread you revived is more than 10 years old???:eek:

Start your own thread and ask whatever questions you have.

otis69

Recruit

thank you NYbo no i didn t even look as new to site as im am to boating thanks for pointing that out