Part Needed for '81 Evin 15hp Elec Start

RedRuddy

Recruit
Hey folks,

I need a part for my 1981 Evinrude 15 hp electric start outboard. I have tried to order this part twice from different suppliers (once from Evinrude) but have gotten the wrong part both times. I have ordered from BRP and the Evinrude Parts Catalog via Shopatron. The second time it was shipped by Northshore Marine Supply. The part number is 0319601 - Nut, Starter switch according to the Evinrude Parts Catalog.

I need the nut that holds the ignition switch to the frame of the motor. Without it, the switch falls out and dangles by its wires. It still functions but since it is not locked down it takes two hands to push it... I have tried to jimmy rig it to no avail. The part that I keep getting is a plastic nut that is the wrong diameter (to big). The nut needs to be a thin width nut with super fine threads...

Does anybody have any thoughts OR better yet have a motor they are parting out?:confused: These forums have been very helpful before working on motors (under a different user name).

Thanks guys

RedRuddy

Recruit
Re: Part Needed for '81 Evin 15hp Elec Start

Thanks, that is a switch that would work. Seems like retaining nut is 'not sold separately' but I should probably check the wiring (ie, remove the black tape and check it out) and replace the switch at only 10 bucks...

Thanks!!!