2006 Yamaha 150 4-strokes stalling

green_maching

Recruit
any help on the following would be appreciated:

I have twin 2006 Yamaha 150 4 strokes with a little over 900 hours on them. For the last 100 hours or so the engines have been stalling. They stall when I am at idle and shifting in and out of gear. Usually when docking or manauvering the boat while fighting a fish. They shift into forward and reverse no problem, but once I give it gas they stall. Not every time, but starting to happen often enough to cause issues. Docking and having your engines stall is not fun especially when solo and windy.

I had the fuel injectors all serviced and replaced. The engines did seem to run better, but started stalling again. The fuel filters are changed each season. I read a couple posts about this problem with people shifting too slowly, but this isn't a problem with shifting slowly. It is happening after shifting in gear and then giving it gas. Forward and reverse both stall. Occasionally it will stall without giving gas, but happens more often when giving it gas. No other issues once the rpm's pick up.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

blackbox

Seaman
Re: 2006 Yamaha 150 4-strokes stalling

the 150 yam stalling prob. can sometimes be corrected by following the revised sync and link procedure in the 2008 tec. guide. it is easier if you have the software and laptop, but it can be done with a good volt meter.
look for .702+-.02 volts with throtle plates closed and an iac reading of 60 to70%. any yam dealer or sharp tec can do this for you. the key is getting the plates all fully closed at idle so it is not getting to much air. as always, make shore the motor is coming up to proper operating temp! good luck!