need help identifying, Mercruiser outdrive

phxboater

Recruit
I just bought this boat hoping to fix it up but the motor is locked up (water got in to it), so i am going to part it out but i have no idea how/what to list the outdrive as, heres all it says "mercruiser stern drive" on the outdrive, and the motor is a 325hp mercruiser marine. the boat was sold to me as a 74 but the engine casting is from 69-70, and i couldn't find the hull numbers (the maker appears to be "starbuck")

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

http://www.thejunkcollector.net/gal...DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3512&g2_serialNumber=1

Edited picture link so we don't have to scroll to read the post or replies
Don S

Last edited by a moderator:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: need help identifying, Mercruiser outdrive

Seems to be the 427 Chevy with the III drive. All in the 69 to 72 lineup for Mercruiser.

phxboater

Recruit

thank you for the quick reply. any tricks to pulling it off? i put the boat up for free so i need to get the outdrive and motor out asap. can't have this thing sitting in front of my house to long if it's a nonrunning heap.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Go up to the Adults Only sticky at the top of this forum. Find the Mercruiser manual links and download manual #1
Has all the details in it. Personally, have never even seen pictures of a III drive till now. Couldn't imagine trying to find parts for that engine or drive.
Might as well leave it with the boat.