Trailer lights

Homerr

Commander
Well, my 'sealed' trailer lights needs a new turn signal bulb.<br /><br />Went down town and got a bulb, but I can't get the cover off to replace them? I guess that's why they are called 'sealed lights' ?<br /><br />They are made by WestBar. There is a single 2-filament bulb (1157 I think) and a small spade type bulb (for the license plate)<br /><br />If I have to replace the whole she-bang, then I'd rather put something in there that will last like maybe some LED lights? Do they make these for boats?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />H.

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Trailer lights

Yes they make led lights for boat trailer You can see them from far away to. As for the sealed lights you can pry the lens off but will have to glue it back on. To me it ain't worth the trouble.<br />Bought mine at a napa parts store.

Homerr

Commander

Thanks for the reply.<br /><br />I did some searching and found the light replacements. The darn things are $7.99 and up.<br />I can buy a complete lens and all for $12.<br /><br />I agree...No prying. That usually spells mangled fingers for me!<br /><br />I'm looking into the LED lights. I think I'll go that route.<br /><br />H.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

forget everything but LED's. I sent so much money on "sealed Lights" but nothing works like LED's