2 projects..Replace pulls with locks & Master switch.

Billfo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 2000year Fisherman 1800 Adventure that has the flat round chrome disc pulls on the floor compartments. I want to replace them with locking pulls. No sence in me reinventing the wheel, has anyone already done this upgrade & what product did you use ?

Also this is the 2nd time in 3 weeks I have left something turned on in the boat & have drained the starting battery. I am thinking of installing a master switch someplace.. Anyone do THIS ?

Pictures help my understanding better...thanks for the assistance.
Thanks...Bill

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2 projects..Replace pulls with locks & Master switch.

Bill, our '08 Fisherman has a locking pull for the in-floor rod storage, so I imagine you can search the Internet and find them, or your Lund dealer might know.

Re: master cut-off switch, ours has a master cut-off switch on the dash. It's the left-most toggle switch. When off, about the only things that can drain the battery are the trollling motor (if you leave it plugged in it might drain the battery), and leaving the key in the "Run" position on the dash (guilty on that one!). We're in the habit of always making sure it is off before reloading the boat onto the trailer.

Do you recall what it was that drained your battery? -Ken

Billfo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ours has a master cut-off switch on the dash. It's the left-most
I will check that out tomorrow.. Thanks !

Bill, our '08 Fisherman has a locking pull for the in-floor rod storage, so I imagine you can search the Internet and find them, or your Lund dealer might know.

Re: master cut-off switch, ours has a master cut-off switch on the dash. It's the left-most toggle switch. When off, about the only things that can drain the battery are the trollling motor (if you leave it plugged in it might drain the battery), and leaving the key in the "Run" position on the dash (guilty on that one!). We're in the habit of always making sure it is off before reloading the boat onto the trailer.

Billfo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After reading yoru reply, I got t o looking around more on my 1800. This model year does NOT have a master switch. ( far left are accessory switches)My old Ranger would not let ANY 12V circuit run without the key being "on". Once I get this fuel smell out of the boat, I will concentrate on the 12V stuff. I am thinking of finding the main 12 lead that runs from the battery & installing a main disconnect switch on that 12V feed. Then I would be sure everything would be off until I physically apply 12V to the boat ! I bet if I research the forum long enough, I will find pictures of this already been done..