Garmin c330 GPS w/ Inland Lakes Maps...

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought this GPS a couple years ago on clearance at Walmart. I just downloaded the Inland Lakes maps for north central U.S. I downloaded it onto an SD card which works in this unit. I can switch between the road maps and the lake maps fairly easily. I haven't had a chance to use the lakes maps yet. Looks like it will work pretty good for basic GPS for lakes. Has anybody tried the Inland lakes maps by Garmin?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Garmin c330 GPS w/ Inland Lakes Maps...

I have used the Mapsource Inland Lakes CD in my 276C for several years. My only complaint is that it does not cover every lake I wanted to fish. The ones it does cover, that I have used (LOTW, Possum Kingdom, and several others) are treated very well. I can find a particular rock bar in LOTW with no trouble, but you need to also have a SONAR in use, because the depths change from year to year and season to season.

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have used the Mapsource Inland Lakes CD in my 276C for several years. My only complaint is that it does not cover every lake I wanted to fish. The ones it does cover, that I have used (LOTW, Possum Kingdom, and several others) are treated very well. I can find a particular rock bar in LOTW with no trouble, but you need to also have a SONAR in use, because the depths change from year to year and season to season.
Good to hear I didn't totally waste my money. The boat I ordered has a depth sounder which I will watch like a hawk. Thanks for the reply!

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't know if I will be able to access all of the feature that you can with your 276C. The c330 is a very basic GPS that I paid 80 bucks for.

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm thinking I will have very limited functioning with my unit.

Jeep Man

Commander

I've got Garmin maps for all the possible lakes I could get to, loaded into a handheld Vista Hcx. With over 60,000 acres of connected lakes to boat on currently, I wouldn't go out without it. I'm getting a second copy for a permanent mount Garmin Nuvi.