Info on a Bundy 500cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shipos

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 62 or 63 Bundy 500cc, and I am looking for a part for it. Does anyone have any Ideas where or who may have them? Maybe a Manual as well--Thanks, For your time--Dave

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Info on a Bundy 500cc

Seems to me I recall the Bundy may have been derived from the Oliver outboard which was derived from the Chris Craft outboard.
Finding anything will be a tough assignment.You might search the web.Wouldn't hurt to let us know what you are looking for.
Ask at www.aomci.org I believe therte is a forum and a free webvertize.

Dave Shipos

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, as I understand it, the motor was built in Italy, and I can not find any motors or parts anyplace. I even tried Craigslist in Italy--I need the complete Tiller arm, owners manual and a prop for my motor--The motor looks like new under the hood and the exterior is fairly nice as well--I know it is going to be difficult, however I was hoping that someone here might have a motor or parts--Dave

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I put bundy outboard motor in on google. Got a few hits discussing bundy motors, apparently morphed into Volvo Penta. You might try some of the used parts places like twin cities.

Dave Shipos

Seaman Apprentice

Yes, I saw that also--I have been searching everywhere to no avail!...thank you, Dave

outboardjan

Recruit

Call Mayer's Marina ask for Bill 585 323-1010. he sold Bundy's and has a lot of parts. Not sure if he has a tiller though.

sigweed

Recruit

I have aquired a Bundy 500cc motor with the controls, parts/manual and gas can let me know if I can help

Dave Shipos

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks to all who have responded to this post, however I have just sold the motor but forgot that this post was still active....I apologize for not doing so....THANK YOU to all and to Cadet for the offer!--Dave Shipos

Last edited:

MrBrew

Recruit

I am quite interested in these forums on the Bundy Outboards. I recently bought a real neat 14 foot fibreglass pleasure boat, about 30 years old in real nice condition. It has a Bundy outboard on it and I also got a second Bundy motor with it. Both motors are in good condition. Like someothers, I am very interested in finding a manual and any other info I can about this Bundy motor. It truly purrs like a kitten. It idles like you would only expect a 4 cycle to idle. Since I plan on keeping it for a long time, having a second motor for parts or whatever is good.

Bob Nemecek

Recruit

I have five 300 500cc bundy motors and two boxs o,f new assorted parts motors are new ,but have been stored any interest?

MrBrew

Recruit

Hi, I'm interested in a fuel pump with a good rubber diaphragm in it. Also a water pump with good soft rubber for a 30 horse Bundy. The diaphragm in mine , the rubber has a small hole in it and is basically age rotted.

Thanks, Mrbrew

dick5555

Recruit

The history of the Bundy motor as I know it. A Prince in Italy started the company and it went belly up. A guy in the Silver Lake NY area, bought all the stock and parts. Most of the 20hp motors he made into a lay down jet ski. When he ran out of 20hp bundys, he used 20hp Mercs. He showed us pictures of the jet ski, Merc wouldn't sell him just the powerhead so he had boxes of mercs minus the powerhead.

The guy was old in the 70's so I don't know what happened to his warehouse and the parts he had.

nicko53572

Recruit

do not hijack old threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.