So, when does your boating season end?

Moody Blue

Captain
Sitting here this afternoon and was wondering when other boaters call it quits for the season. Guess there are those as well who are able to boat year round.

Has been raining here for the better part of 18 days straight. Really crappy weather. Before that we had 21 straight days of sun. Have not tarped and winterized the boat yet because I keep hoping to get one more ride in. Running out of time I'm afraid though. With my luck, as soon as I put the boat away the weather will turn nice again. Summer sure went by fast. Before long we'll be into the hard water fishing.

In a way, the change of season is good because we have something different to look forward to.

chrisg

Chief Petty Officer
Re: So, when does your boating season end?

since you in Canada, we always put stuff away the week after Thanksgiving weekend. ( and its a pain trying to winterize when the snow is flying!)

ziggy

Admiral

usually end of oct.
once i jetskied into nov... :D was really nice weather and weird to be warm that late.
this year. oct. 4 was my last day. i'm drained and fogged and in the winterizing process. i'm always tarpped. tonight's and tomorrows forecast is for snow... :eek: good grief. i can't remember it snowing this early here. freezing temps overnight expected too.. whatever i guess. it's been a real cool summer here so i guess it wasn't unexpected... probably just as well too. i'm pretty much out of boating funds anyways... that's my story....

cbavier

Lieutenant

Northern Michigan for me. Boating season ends about the first week of October. It's always a little earlier for IO's than outboards unfortunately:(.

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sitting here this afternoon and was wondering when other boaters call it quits for the season. Guess there are those as well who are able to boat year round.

Has been raining here for the better part of 18 days straight. Really crappy weather. Before that we had 21 straight days of sun. Have not tarped and winterized the boat yet because I keep hoping to get one more ride in. Running out of time I'm afraid though. With my luck, as soon as I put the boat away the weather will turn nice again. Summer sure went by fast. Before long we'll be into the hard water fishing.

In a way, the change of season is good because we have something different to look forward to.
I suppose one could boat as long as there is open water if you don't mind re-winterizing your boat every time you use it. Many of us are in your same situation, holding out as long as possible before the inevitable winter storage. It's depressing isn't it?

joe1267

Seaman

Since I am a new boater, I am holding out for as long as I can. The forecast on my little lake is sunny and 58-60 degrees both days this weekend with NO rain. I guess I get at least two more days. I am already getting bummed at the thought of putting her away for the winter.

tallcanadian

Captain

I boat until the lake freezes which is around mid November. However this year I will be in a different province so I guess the last weeking of October this year. Years ago I was at my cabin and woke up to a frozen lake. It was a long and noisy 5 miles to get out.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

I don't winterize here in the south. The river is always running, and the boat is ready anytime I feel like braving the elements.

Does boating season ever close? Many people just work on their motors in the garage during winter. That is still classified as boating season isn't it?:rolleyes:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

You dont really want me to say do you???

Seriously it was 95 degrees today!

My season ends when the boat blows up..:D

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mid to late November for my power boat which is usually used for wake boarding and tubing with my kids. But I kayak year round and the best water levels frequently are in the February to April time frame.

skargo

Banned

I am winterizing November 8th. I'm glad we have seasons here, otherwise I wouldn't get anything else done!

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Seriously it was 95 degrees today!

My season ends when the boat blows up..:D

I'm on my way!:eek::eek:

Na, just kiddin:D Feelin orn'ry cause I'll probably put mine up this weekend.

But for cryin out loud have a cold one out on the water for all us frozen in iboaters this winter!;)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well we are hoping for one more blast before we have to winterise. Hopefully this weekend but it has rained all day so far.
Fingers crossed for a decent day in the next three !!!!

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Unfortunately my season ended 4th of July weekend when one of the bellows gave out.So before ice out we will be getting repairs done for next season.I am currently laid off but have applied and interviewed for a job possibility.

Fingers crossed!!!!!:)

jcsercsa

Captain

Hi guys

Well I am shooting for Nov. 13th The 14th got to get ready for Deer hunting on the 15th !! lol if the ice doesn't show up !!!!

Thats what I am shooting for , this next week I got a roof to do for motherinlaw !! hoping I can get her done in one day. but I got to do a tear off !!!! its only 7 sq so I just might be able too and the go out wed !!! we had fun out there last week , just got to dress for it , I wear my hunting suit !! lol John

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

mine never ends.......... we freeze but we keep on fishing :eek:

last year we went to launch one morning only to find there was a sheet of ice covering about half the cove. we waited it out and about an hour or so after the sun came up it started melting enough that we could launch.

a few years back we tried to take out one of my little aluminum boats when it was iced over like that. we beat and broke ice for an hour or so and only got about 50' from the dock....... and we werent even a 1/4 of the way into the ice :eek:........ it took forever to get turned around and we broke one paddle and the other didnt look too pretty either.

Jeep Man

Commander

I boat until the lake freezes which is around mid November. However this year I will be in a different province so I guess the last weeking of October this year. Years ago I was at my cabin and woke up to a frozen lake. It was a long and noisy 5 miles to get out.

You said you'd never leave the Rock for work, so I take it, it's for pleasure. Are you heading my way?

Jeep Man

Commander

Well we are hoping for one more blast before we have to winterise. Hopefully this weekend but it has rained all day so far.
Fingers crossed for a decent day in the next three !!!!

Same deal here Ken. Weather is suppose to be decent for Sat. and Sun. Were heading to the cottage in the morning with kids and grandkids for a last family spin on the lake. The leaves are suppose to be at their peak in Muskoka this weekend. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Its been rainy and mid 40's to low 50's here all week with low 40's and mid to low 30s this weekend with rain and flurries possible in the forecast, I got sick of seeing my boat get rained on for the past week so I hauled it out to Grandma's farm today and put it in the big shed, over seven buildings we store about 100-110 boats.
They are coming in, we have about a dozen to move as of this afternoon with more coming in all the time. :cool:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I'm on my way!:eek::eek:

Na, just kiddin:D Feelin orn'ry cause I'll probably put mine up this weekend.

But for cryin out loud have a cold one out on the water for all us frozen in iboaters this winter!;)

Come on down!

This ahem winter I plan on boating any weekend that I am home!
I will be sure to be posting lots of sunny out on the water today pics (and vids) to warm you guys up!

(by warm you up I am sure that will entail you PRINTING those pics and burning them in your fireplaces cussing them Florida boaters!lol)