rear bunk swivel/pivot

joselisa

Cadet
I just got an old very nice shape trailer for my Mako 20. The only issue is some corrosion on a piece of hardware that I cannot identify, much less find. It is a coupler? that allows the raising and lowering of the rear bunks to increase ease of launching. It has a handle ( about a foot) that you pull in and out to make the bunk lower and twist .
Anyone knows what these are called? and where to find new ones?
thanks
Jose

Knightgang

Lieutenant
Re: rear bunk swivel/pivot

Post a pic if you can so that we can help find/identify it...

chrislewis01

Cadet

Hey I'm in the middle of a big restoration/modification project.. Right now I'm resizing a light duty tandem trailer to fit the boat I'm building.. I just finished design and building of my bunk mounts.. built them fully adjustable up and down, with about a foot of travel (so much because I don't know just where the boat is going to sit yet.) and they have a very wide pivot range.

http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/clewis_01/Project%20SeaRay/SeaRay%20Power%20Plant/SeaRay%20Trailer%20Conversion/

Theres lots of pictures through-out the whole process.. check em' out maybe it could be helpful.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... You'll create Alot less Confusion by keeping your posts in 1 thread....
This thread has your picture,+ probably the answer you Don't want to hear...
Multipule postings about the Exact Same Problem never do anybody any Good...
I just got an old very nice shape trailer

The odds are whomever the manufacturer is, is Long Gone...
Hard to say because you give No clues....
Anyways,...
You'll probably have to Build any replacement parts, or redesign to trailer to work without them....