winterize? still confused !!!

surge006

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So i have a 86 volvo aq125b and i drained evrything already out of motor put in new oil, filter, fuel filter, plugs, cap, rotor, condensor, coolant in tank, and emptyed the fresh water plugs. now my ? is mainly about the fresh water side can i just dump coolant in the fresh water to and call it a day and then spray fog oil into the spark plug holes, and avoid starting it again ? Ive read the forums for it but still confused a lil. And is there anything you have to do to lower unit internaly or just oil ?

captmello

Captain
Re: winterize? still confused !!!

John, did you read the threads in the adults only section about winterizing and summerizing? You're a little out of order but...

You can do the antifreeze and spark plug hole fogging. should be fine as long as you got all the raw water out.

typically, besides draining and refilling the outdrive, fall is a good time to pull the upper gear housing to inspect and grease the ujoints if they have zerks. Also if the bellows is two years old, or you don't know when it was changed last, should be changed at this time as well. New orings of course at reinstall.:)

Good Luck.