What kind of trailer for a deck boat

Costello

Cadet
I have a 1979 Godfrey Hurricane Deck Boat (19 ft.) I need to purchase a trailer and was wondering if any trailer with the proper length and width will work, or if there are specific trailers/specifications to look for.<br /><br />Bunk or rollers? Bunk slides above the wheels? Manual or electric winch? (My assumption is that if it doesn't exactly fit, an electric winch might be helpful) Will a tri-hull fit a standard trailer, or will I need to modify it? Are certain manufacturers better than others. Help!<br /><br />What do I really need?<br /><br />Thanks guys.

SharkByte

Cadet
Re: What kind of trailer for a deck boat

New2Boating,<br /> I also have a Hurricane deck boat (2002 201 FunDeck GS I/O). The trailer that came with my boat is a 4 bunk trailer with manual winch. So far, I have not had any problems with loading or unloading, even on steep ramps. The electric winch would be a nice addition, but since the boat doesn't weigh all that much, it isn't much trouble to crank on when needed. The only thing I am considering adding to my trailer are the slides that attach to the existing bunks, just to make loading/unloading/winching even easier.<br /><br />I don't believe there are special trailers required, so just about any type of trailer should work, if the bunk/roller configuration is correct. As far as a recommendation on manufacturers, you'll get many opinions. Just look around and talk to other boaters in your area.<br /><br />Nice to hear from a fellow deck boat owner. As you will soon notice, we are a minority and don't get a lot of recognition. Most folks will try to get you to buy a deep-V, unsinkable, 50-miles-out-without-thinking-twice, multi-outboard PowerFisher XL9000. IMHO.

Costello

Cadet
Re: What kind of trailer for a deck boat

SharkByte,<br /><br />Thanks for the info. You're right; we certainly are in a minority and I don't know why.<br /><br />Deck boats do it all: fishing, tubing, swimming, lounging...<br /><br />Maybe it's the way they look. Their rather unconventional appearance certainly is deceiving. I don't think people realize that this thing's got a 185-hp V-8 in back.<br /><br />Oh well. Happy (deck) boating!