The Latest Toys...

thedukeryan

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have had the itch to get a new truck and came across a nice lifted 06 F150 near by. The kid had money to burn and received it new a few years back as a birthday present. Long story short his dad was getting him a new one and he had no use for this one. He was asking $14k but I got him down to $10,500 and I jumped on it. Its nothing to crazy but a hell of a truck for the price. The truck came equipped with a complete 6" Fabtech lift, Airaid intake and throttle body, brand new 37" Nitto Terra Graplers, 18" Mickey Thompson bead lock wheels, Bush Whacker fender flares, Line X bed liner, Dual exhaust, Alpine deck, Amp and two JL subs in a custom box under the seat and a few extra pricey additions. Everything was installed by a performance shop before his dad delivered it to him for his 18th b day. I still have the receipt for the truck new which was $35k and most of the receipts for the work done. Probably $10k in work extras easy. The kid knew what the truck was worth but just didn't seem to care. He gave me a quote from Carmax in which they offered him $12,500 but said the guy was a complete *** and he would rather take a loss than work with him. The ONLY real issue is the fact that it just hit 80k. Not a big deal to me considering I only average 5k a year.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww236/MidwestArmorycom/CIMG0360.jpg

The next set of toys are two Yamaha Waverunners that I picked up today. I had been interested in a couple jet skis but was waiting for the right deal to come along. Long story short this deal came to me. I received a email yesterday from a guy who had heard that I buy things of this sort. He described what he had and asked what they where worth to me. I explained that I just flushed out my bank account on a new truck and was a bit tight on $. Told him I would do $800 for the two and the trailer. I knew it was a low ball offer but he said offer whatever I want and worse he could do was say no. He agreed on the price and was just glad to have the room in his garage for some new toys. Being cold enough it wasnt possible to take them out but we did fire them up and all seemed well. Not sure how much of a risk I am taking buying two Waverunners without being able to put them in the water but at least I know they run. One is a 1989 500cc and the other is a 1991 650cc. They could never pass as new but appearance wise they are pretty mint for the age. Not a single crack or tare and only a few minor scratches. The pic is just after I picked them up. They where dirty from sitting but I cleaned them up a bit and they turned out pretty nice. I do think the pink may be a issue. What do you guys think of the price? At the time it seemed like a great deal but I dont know what these are worth on the market just what I was wanting to spend.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww236/MidwestArmorycom/CIMG0379.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: The Latest Toys...

i would rather have those skis than the new ones. i had a 1993 500 yammy, best item i ever owned.

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thats a nice looking truck, with 6" on it and 37's just keep a good eye on the front end. Once they get some miles on them(possibly hard ones due to kid owned) front end components start to wear quicker from the lift and the tires just make sure all is well up there and keep an eye on it. Don't envy the cost to replace tires but they sure do look and perform well. The waverunners are a great deal those older yammis are pretty bullett proof rigs.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Nice looking purchases! Hope that you get lots of enjoyment out of them!

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

nice purchases.....those VXRs back in their day were pretty hot at the time. Nice truck, i got 35"s on mine and would get 37"s but i can imagine towing a great length would be tough. Nice lookin setup though man!

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Ya I never grew up, Just got better toys!!;)
Good job on the purchases!!

mike343

Petty Officer 1st Class

The 37" tires are probably OK to tow the Waverunners, but if you also want to tow a larger boat (Say 5500# or more) going to 37" diameter tires from stock 30.5"'s is the equivalent of changing the rear axle from 3.73 to 3.07. Not good for acceleration or hills.

purpony

Seaman Apprentice

nice looking truck. I have an 04 with a 6" fabtech. Its been a great truck. You got one hell of a price for it, thats for sure!!

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is a great looking truck. It would out-pull my truck even with the big tires.