Mercury 2 wire tilt and trim motors interchangable?

twr7cx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1993 Mercury 60HP twin-carb 3 cylinder 2 stroke outboard, Serial number: OC161680.

The tilt/trim unit is shagged. The hydraulic side seems to be operating fine (I say this as it seems to maintain pressure and support the motor etc.), but the the electric motor seems to be shagged.

This is the unit I have:

I've been looking at the Sierra Marine catalogue, page 277 has the motor in it (viewable online at http://ww2.sierramarine.com/catalog_pdf_8025/8025-277.pdf ).
The one down the bottom, 18-6777 seems to be the replacement unit, as it has 5 pictures of trim motors (1 actual picture and 4 are drawings) - my unit looks identical to the drawing on the bottom right. I assume therefore that all 5 of these units are interchangeable with each other (as the place I'm looking to purchase from the unit they are selling looks like the one in the top left drawing)?
The reason I ask is that I will purchase this online from the USA (as the price is almost tripple here in Australia) and would like to ensure that I purchase the correct unit to save on time wasting and extra expenditure of shipping back and forth.

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Mercury 2 wire tilt and trim motors interchangable?

Yes the Sierra 18-6777 will work. So will an Arco 6276